Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving already?

Thanksgiving is this week and I'm in charge of the turkey this year. Since the main event of the meal is on my shoulders, I decided that I should probably be able to see inside my oven without opening it so I can check on the turkey without letting out all of the heat. Enter my dirty oven:
The oven door that I need to see through:

Gross, right? Don't judge.
So I heard about a quick and easy way to clean your oven involving a baking soda and water paste and about 20 minutes. I decided to give it a shot.


Pour baking soda into a dish and add enough water to make a thin paste.

Spread your paste all over the inside of your oven and let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes. When the time was up, I lightly scrubbed everything with an old dish brush just to loosen things up and then I wiped it down with a wet rag (it was helpful to have a container of hot water nearby to rinse the rag in). Then I got a new rag and new water and gave it a final "rinse" to get any baking soda residue off.

Nice, huh? And look, I can even see through the window!




No comments: