Monday, November 9, 2009

Dinner

I am posting this last week's dinner menu for our family. Not all the items were made, but for the ones that were, I will include brief descriptions of the recipe (if you want it, you can make a comment or email me and I will get it to you), and a report on how good it tasted and ease of creation. Here it goes:
Monday: not planned :(
Tuesday: not planned :(
Wednesday: chicken fricassee (didn't actually make--discovered about a half hour before eating time that it takes a couple hours)
Thursday: usually Fend-For-Yourself night because Jaren has class until 9, but this week, he called and asked if I would make him something, so we had breakfast for dinner (eggs, turkey bacon, oatmeal, and toast).
Friday: it was Jaren's birthday, so we had a couple of friends over. We had Salmon (broiled with lemon juice and dill weed), roasted red potatoes (olive oil, rosemary, marjoram, and thyme), and a light cucumber salad (peeled and sliced cucumbers, olive oil, and dried or fresh tarragon). It was served with aloe vera drink and milkis (carbonated milk) from Korea. Very easy to make and quite delicious.
Saturday: Dinner at the Gala fundraiser in a mansion that cost $23 million to build. 28,000 square feet and 18 bathrooms. Nice.
Sunday: Meatloaf (1lb ground beef, one box of StoveTop stuffing chicken flavor, and two eggs; ketchup, honey and Worcestershire sauce for top. Bake @ 350 for an hour), instant mashed potatoes (Honest Earth brand--delicious!!!), and canned green beans (removed from can of course). Very easy and very good. Best meatloaf I've ever had!
I thought this might give you ideas for planning your meals. I know that the hardest part of making dinner is deciding what to eat. After that, it's a piece of cake, speaking of, I made some Crazy Cake this week too. Wonderful!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope that you are planning on making some crazy cake when you come out during Christmas.

Kristin said...

Definitely