Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Kristin's Got A Brand New Hair Do (it rhymes if you say it right)

On Feb. 18th, I decided to get my hair chopped off. So, I went to the Paul Mitchell hair school, found a picture in one of their books that I liked, and had them cut my hair. I had previously decided that I wanted an A-line bob short enough that I could give my hair to Locks of Love. You know when they put your hair in the ponytail and then cut it off for Locks of Love? Well, I was actually pretty disappointed when this part came because  it was very unceremonious. I always expected to have this big hoopla like they do on TV shows when someone gives their hair to charity, but in reality, they just cut off the hair and put it in a box. I didn't even get to hold it. Oh well, I still feel good about giving it to charity.

Back to the hair style. I wanted it to look like a mixture of these two:

So here are the before and afters.

Before:

After:

On a side note, one of the symptoms of Graves Disease is protruding of the eyes and a "prominent stare" of the eyes. The picture above this one really shows it. Here's an old picture of me before I was pregnant to compare:

5 comments:

Sara said...

You look BEAUTIFUL kristin! i really want to get my hair cut shorter too but i would have such a hard time saying goodbye to it.... it has taken so long to grow... anyway it looks great and i love and miss you!

DeGooyer Family said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!! And I love the new haircut!! Hope you start feeling better real soon.

Alli said...

So cute!! You know big eyes are considered attractive, but so are deep set eyes, so you had it made either way. Hope you're loving your new do!

Jill Sorhus said...

Foxy! I love your haircut! You'll love it when your little bambino comes. It will be quick to do and the baby will have less to yank and slobber on! I think your eyes are gorgeous! Just big, blue, and beautiful!

Anonymous said...

The haircut looks good. Way to be adventuresom, adventurish, adventursome, adventurious, adventurishish...